We’re all different. I need to have some clearly defined goals, some people are comfortable without.
My perspective is that, just like you can’t fix what you don’t know is broken, usually some amount of intervention is required to get where you want to be. I have faith, but have found hard work + faith = success!
The first step is envisioning what you want or what you want to do or what you want your life to look like.
A couple things on my list for this year…
- Stop wasting food. This empty nest throws away more food than I’d like to admit! More attention will reduce the waste.
- Keep running. We’re finishing the Mighty Niagara Half Marathon this year! Whoo hoo… this is a biggie for me.
- Present at a WordCamp. Something process related like… version control or release practices.
- Increasing revenues of my Web Development/Marketing business by creating more partnerships(clients & design/development).
Some things to continue…
- Hobbies with Porter. We ski in the winter and run. While it can be hard sometimes to work together on things (we do things almost opposite) it’s a requirement for our marriage. It keeps us together and (mostly) laughing. Maybe dancing. I love dancing and want to improve. Porter is a good sport. Dancing it is.
- Date nights. Need date nights at least once a month. Not trivia in a bar, not out with friends, not being at home. Getting pretty and going out to have fun with my guy.
- Running. This is becoming a family thing & I love it.
- Have fun & laugh. Right… I can be a little too serious at times. It needs to be on the list.
There’s more, but these hit the high points.
What’s on your list for this year?