- Never lose your capacity for enthusiasm.
- Never lose your capacity for indignation.
- Never judge people – don’t type them too quickly. But in a pinch never first assume that a man is bad; first assume that he is good and that, at worst, he is in the gray area between good & bad.
- Never be impressed by wealth alone or thrown by poverty.
- If you can’t be generous when it’s hard t be, you won’t be when it’s easy.
- The greatest builder of confidence is the ability to do something – almost anything – well.
- When confidence comes, then strive for humility; you aren’t as good as all that.
- The way to become truly useful is to seek the best that other brains have to offer. Use them to supplement your own, and be prepared to give credit to them when they have helped.
- The greatest tragedies in the world and personal events stem from misunderstandings. So communicate!
from the personal effects of Gordon Dean.
Didn’t want to lose this.